- This event has passed.
Climate Champions: Women, Youth, and Indigenous Peoples Leveraging Land for Resilience (Skoll World Forum) (Recorded)
April 8 @ 8:00 AM - 9:30 AM PDT
Climate change devastates communities, degrades ecosystems, destroys livelihoods, and deepens existing gender and social inequalities. However, land rights are a powerful tool to flip this script toward resilient environments and thriving communities. Increasingly, rural land users, including women, Indigenous Peoples, and youth are emerging as powerful change agents in advancing climate mitigation and adaptation.
Our panel of global leaders:
- Chris Jochnick, CEO, Landesa (Moderator) – global land rights expert and social entrepreneur
- Nonette Royo, ED, The Tenure Facility – specialist in Indigenous Peoples, land rights, environment, and natural resources management
- Dr. Solange Bandiaky-Badji, President, Rights and Resources Group – expert on gender, tenure rights, and natural resources governance
- Karol Boudreaux, Senior Land and Resource Governance Advisor, USAID – global land tenure and property rights lawyer
- Peter Seligmann, Founder and CEO, Nia Tero; Founder and Chairman, Conservation International – influential and inspiring voice in conservation
Hosted by Landesa.
Learn more about the 2022 Skoll World Forum.
SEED THE CHANGE
Seed the Change is Landesa’s annual gala in Seattle. The event celebrates International Women’s Day and highlights Landesa’s commitment to bettering the lives of women and their families around the world.
ROOTS TO RIGHTS
Roots to Rights is a cocktail reception in San Francisco and New York City. Join Landesa and learn how you can bring about lasting change through the transformational power of land rights.