|Position Title:||Business Development Consultant, Public Sector|
|Status:||Temporary AND Part Time (20 hrs/week)|
|Location:||Washington DC and/or remote work arrangement|
|Date:||Assignment to begin in or around July 2020|
|Compensation:||Depending on Experience|
Position Summary: As a part of Landesa’s Program team, the Business Development Consultant will serve as the primary business development lead for public sector funding opportunities, on a part time, short term basis, for up to 6 months. This individual will identify new funding opportunities, support our program teams to pursue funding opportunities and partnerships, adhering to our internal systems and process. Additionally, this person will help maintain and update Salesforce, and our other knowledge management systems and platforms.
Reporting and relationships: The Business Development Consultant will report to the Chief Program Officer
Availability: The Business Development Consultant will be expected to work approx. 20 hrs a week, during standard business hours. No travel anticipated
Essential Job Functions:
- Search, identify and vet new opportunities through various sites (Devex, FundsforNGOs, Fedbiz opps, Grants.gov, etc.). Once identified, create Special Dispatch draft for Chief Program Officer’s review. Distribute final dispatch.
- Update Salesforce with new opportunities and status changes for opportunities already in the pipeline.
- Monitor opportunities we are tracking and respond quickly to the release of final tender documents.
- Lead program teams through the full PLC process, from the go/no go, through the development of concept notes and proposals, serving as Proposal Manager when Landesa is both a prime and a sub on public sector opportunities.
- Support proposal teams by holding proposal kick off meetings, setting and tracking proposal calendars, gathering proposal inputs (PPRs, qualification statements, CVs, outlines, etc), and facilitating timely progression through Landesa’s PLC process.
- Maintain internal document organization/knowledge management in collaboration with the Program Operations team.
- Monitor the Sr. Business Development Manager’s inbox/emails for notable communications requiring action.
- Participate in Resource Development meetings, representing Public Sector.
- Work with Resource Development and Finance to maintain current revenue forecasts and updated pipeline documents.
- Draft partner communications for distribution by appropriate Landesa staff member (as with Mercy Corps, Tetra Tech, DIG, etc.).
- Maintain consistent contact with Chief Program Officer, as needed to provide support as new opportunities and needs arise.
- Support the program team around specific opportunities by researching and surfacing potential prime partners for specific opportunities, as needed.
- Coordinate closely with appropriate program team members for specific opportunities, and stakeholders for various tasks, as needed.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- A commitment to Landesa’s mission of providing opportunity and promoting social justice for the world’s poorest women and men.
- Commitment to Landesa Core Values of Mission First, Collaborative, Constructive, and Accountable.
- Demonstrated experience working with public sector donors’ funding mechanism, compliance terms and conditions, budgeting practices and requirements.
- A network of partners and contacts, in order to diversify Landesa’s engagement and impact in the sector.
- Exceptional communications and writing skills, and an interest in learning about and communicating the in-depth details of Landesa’s work.
- Ability to work independently and take initiative.
- Interpersonal skills, especially in cross-cultural environments, and the ability to skillfully interface with representatives of the public and private sectors alike.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) and other software.
- Experience using Sales Force or other customer relationship management system/database.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Political Science, Business Administration, Public Administration, International Development or another related field required. Advanced degree preferred.
- The ideal candidate will have a minimum of 5 years of experience in a similar capacity, leading public sector efforts within an international organization.
- Experience contributing to program development focused on diversity, gender inclusion, or other vulnerable groups.
- Experience working and living internationally.
- Experience with project budget design, management and reporting.
- Experience working in a fast moving, deadline-driven environment.
Physical and Environmental Conditions: Work is primarily performed indoors with some potential for exposure to safety and health hazards related to electronics work. This position does not require unusual demands for physical effort. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate. Work environment involves everyday risks or discomforts that require normal safety precautions typical of places such as offices, meeting or training rooms, residences, or commercial vehicles; e.g., use of safe work place practices with office equipment, and/or avoidance of trips and falls, and observance of fire regulations and traffic signals.
Additional Comments: The above consultant description is not intended as, nor should it be construed as, exhaustive of all responsibilities, skills, efforts, or working conditions associated with this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made in appropriate circumstances to enable qualified individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions of this job.
To Apply: Qualified candidates should complete send a resume and cover letter to email@example.com. Please include in the subject line Biz Dev – 2020.