Back to Program Leadership
Vinoy Ohdar State Director, Bihar
Why I am passionate about Landesa’s mission:
Especially in India, the majority of the population depends on land as a main resource for their livelihoods, but lack secure rights to the land. This lack of secure land rights has a far reaching impact on the sustainability of livelihoods and the overall national development.
Vinoy Kumar Ohdar leads Landesa’s work in Bihar. Born and brought up in a tribal village in Jharkhand, Vinoy worked with the Voluntary Health Association of India for 10 years. He has experience working in land policy in Bihar and Jharkhand, including advocacy work supporting land rights, women’s land rights, food rights, sustainable livelihoods, urban poverty, and informal sector workers. He has been awarded fellowships by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation and the Packard Foundations for visionary leadership.
Areas of Expertise:
- Project Management
- Land Tenure Policy
- Policy Advocacy
- Women’s Access and Rights to Land
- Rural Development and Livelihood Promotions
- Biological Science, Ranchi University
- Post Graduate, Rural Development, Xavier Institute of Social Service (Ranchi)
- Public Health and Population Leadership, University of Washington
- Hindi, English, regional languages of Bihar and Jharkhand