Because Landesa partners with governments, our work is leveraged, with hundreds of thousands or sometimes millions of women and men benefiting from a new innovative program or progressive law.
With secure land rights as a foundation, other development efforts — focused on education, food security, gender equality, public health, conservation — can gain traction.
In nearly 50 years, working in more than 50 countries, Landesa has helped secure land rights for more than 180 million families.
In nearly 50 years, working in more than 50 countries, Landesa has helped secure land rights for more than 180 million families. Join us as we make the world a better place one acre at a time.
- AlbaniaPast projects in Albania include:
Field research on land fragmentation affecting small-scale commercial farmers, and assessment of women’s ability to exercise their land rights (USAID) — April 2009
Evaluation of land registration and land market project — October 2000 to December 2000
- AngolaPast projects in Angola include:
Property Rights and Resources Governance Program — 2009 – 2010
Land Law and Regulatory Development — 2003 – 2008
Angola Land Law and Policy Assessment — 2002 – 2003
- BulgariaPast projects in Bulgaria include:
Land and Real Estate Mortgages Reform Assessment and Follow-on Review — 2000 – 2001
Land Mortgages Legal Review and Recommendations — 2000
Land Mortgages Fieldwork, Research, and Recommendations — 1999
- Burkina FasoPast projects in Burkina Faso include:
Assessment of Women’s Application of Regenerative Agricultural Techniques
- BurundiPast projects in Burundi include:
Burundi legal assistance and conflict resolution
- CambodiaPast projects in Cambodia include:
Land Valuation and Compensation in Expropriation Law and Practice in China, Cambodia & India — 2005 – 2006
- ChinaLearn more about Our Work in China.
- Czech RepublicPast project in Czech Republic include:
Land Privatization and Farm Reorganization — 1992
- Dominican Republic
- El SalvadorPast projects in El Salvador include:
National land reform laws and programs helped 49,000 tenant farmers become landowners.
Land Reform Assistance — 1989
Land Reform and Land Titling — 1988
- EthiopiaLearn more about Our Work in Ethiopia.
- GeorgiaPast projects in Georgia include:
Land and Real Estate Markets — 2001 – 2004
Land and Real Estate Markets — 1997 – 2000
- GhanaLearn more about Our Work in Ghana.
- IndiaLearn more about Our Work in India.
- IndonesiaPast projects in Indonesia include:
Access to Finance in Indonesia — 2007 – 2008
Indonesia Land Law Initiate — 2001 – 2004
Indonesian Land Law Reform — 1998 – 2001
Indonesia Land Tenure Assessment — 1996 – 1997
Indonesia Land Reform Pilot Project — 1989 – 1991
- KazakhstanPast projects in Kazakhstan include:
Land Code draft — 2003
- KenyaLearn more about Our Work in Kenya.
- KyrgyzstanPast projects in Kyrgyzstan include:
National land reform laws and programs decollectivized farming in Kyrgyzstan and gave farming families legal, marketable land rights to individual plots, benefiting 232,000 families.
Women’s Access to Real Property — 2000
Land Market Development, Land Reform and Regulatory Reform — 1999 – 2001
Ongoing Policy and Legal Advice to Ministry of Agriculture — 1994 – 2002
- LiberiaLearn more about Our Work in Liberia.
- LithuaniaPast projects in Lithuania include:
Land Markets in Lithuania, Poland, and Romania — 1999
Land Law and Policy Fieldwork, Research, and Recommendations in Select EU Accession Candidate Countries — 1999
- MexicoPast projects in Mexico include:
Legal and Policy Analyst, Social Sector Farming in Oaxaca — 2002
- MoldovaPast projects in Moldova include:
National land reform laws and programs decollectivized farming in Moldova and gave families legal, marketable land rights to individual plots, benefiting 522,000 families.
Draft Laws, Regulations, and Administrative and Technical Procedures for Privatization of Agricultural Land, Land Titling, and Private Land Sales — 1996 – 2000
- MongoliaPast projects in Mongolia include:
National Land Reform Program Development — 1999 – 2000
- NepalPast projects in Nepal include:
Forest Land Tenure Security — 2004
- PalestinePast projects in the Palestinian Territories include:
Land Dispute Resolution System — 2007
- PhilippinesPast project in Philippines include:
Land Reform Legislation — 1986 – 1988
- RomaniaPast projects in Romania include:
Land Transactions Study — 1999
- RussiaPast projects in Russia include:
National land reform laws and programs decollectivized farming in Russia and gave farming families legal, marketable land rights to individual plots, benefiting 17,800,000 families.
Legal Aid Center, Vladimir Province — 1996 – 2003
Legal Aid for Asset-based Rural Development — 2000 – 2001
Policy and Legal Advice on Land Privatization and Land Market Development — 1997 – 1999
Russian Federation Regional Agricultural Development — 1995 – 1996
- RwandaLearn more about Our Work in Rwanda.
- South Korea
- Sri Lanka
- TajikistanPast projects in Tajikistan include:
Consultation on Farm Restructuring — 1998
- TanzaniaLearn more about Our Work in Tanzania.
- UgandaLearn more about Our Work in Uganda.
- UkrainePast project in Ukraine include:
National land reform laws and programs decollectivized farming in Ukraine and gave farming families legal, marketable land rights to individual plots, benefiting 3,450,000 families.
Legal Aid Centers — 2001 – 2006
Land Titling Initiative — 2001 – 2006
Legal and Policy Advice on Ukrainian Land Code — 2000
Agricultural Sector Review — 1992
- UzbekistanPast projects in Uzbekistan include:
Agricultural Factor Market Research Workshop — 1998
- VietnamPast projects in Vietnam include:
National land reform laws and programs helped 1 million tenant farmers become landowners.
Consultant Services on Vietnam Land Law — 1993 – 1994