Dr. S.B. Lokesh State Director, Karnataka, and Acting State Director, AP/Telangana
Why I am passionate about Landesa’s mission:
Landesa’s mission targets the very poor around the globe and uses laws and secured rights as an effective tool to overcome poverty.
Dr. S.B. Lokesh is Landesa’s State Director in Karnataka, and has worked with Landesa since 2001. Lokesh has conducted research in eight Indian states on topics related to homestead land, women’s land rights, rural housing, and agriculture. In recent years, Lokesh has focused primarily on the allocation and use of homestead plots. He has extensive experience designing research methodology, conducting field research, and analyzing findings.
Areas of Expertise:
- Agricultural trade policy
- Project planning and evaluation
- Facilitation of participatory experiences
- Masters in Agricultural Sciences, University of Agricultural Sciences, Bangalore
- Ph.D., Agricultural Economics, Kuvempu University, India